Liposuction is the surgical elimination of fat from your body. The fat that is resistant to diet and exercise is excised through liposuction surgery. Liposuction is aka liposculpture and lipectomy. The most predominant sites for fat accumulation are the hips, waist abdomen, thighs, neck, upper back of the arms, buttocks and under the chin.
Liposuction surgery in gurgaon is performed by Dr. Priya Bansal is usually performed under general anaesthesia. This surgery is less invasive, safe and straightforward overall. However, there are certain side effects associated with liposuction surgery. Preoperative measures are equally crucial for the precise outcome. An experienced plastic surgeon in Gurgaon anticipates and analyses the different aspects of surgery. They implement preoperative measures, procedures and postoperative care precisely to prevent any side effects.
Your plastic surgeon prepares you before surgery with precautionary measures which includes:
- Cessation of smoking and alcohol a few weeks before and after surgery. This is to avert any complications during surgery and healing.
- Discontinuation of medications like anticoagulants, aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs a few weeks before surgery. This is to avoid any unprecedented haemorrhage during surgery.
Adverse Effects of Liposuction Surgery and Tummy Tuck
Like any surgery, few adverse effects are expected in liposuction procedures as well, which regress completely during the recovery. Nonetheless, potential consequences are anticipated if the surgery is conducted by an inexperienced plastic surgeon, which includes:
- Persistent pain, inflammation, uneasiness
- Issues with the shape or contours of the body
- Irregular, dimpled, or lumpy skin
- Numbness around the wound
- Altered skin sensation
- Discolouration in skin
- Delayed healing
- Fluid dripping
- Undesirable aesthetic appearance
- Wrinkling of skin
Post Operative Care
Successful aesthetic outcomes and prevention of adverse effects in liposuction surgery and tummy tuck surgery depending on post-operative healing. To expedite a swift and safe recovery, you are expected to adhere to the post-operative guidelines alongside:
- Analgesics and Antibiotics: To alleviate any pain and expedite the healing.
- Wear Compression Garments: It interrupts the inflammation by limiting blood circulation. They also provide support and restrict the mobility of the wound site. This curtails the possibility of infection.
- Care for Incisions: You have to administer topical applicants and bandages as per the surgeon’s instruction.
- Comfortable Clothing: Breathable and convenient garments are preferred.
- Avoid any Intense Workouts and Activity:Strenuous activity may delay the healing.
- Eat Healthy Food:A nutritive balanced diet will speed up your recovery.
Liposuction surgery is a permanent solution. However, the extent of the outcome largely depends on the combined effort both by the surgeon and your post-operative care. Therefore, the plastic surgeon you select should be exceptional expertise in the profession.
Dr Priya Bansal is a gold medallist plastic surgeon in Gurgaon. With her excellence and eminence in the profession, Dr Bansal is committed to delivering refined results. Her proficiency combined with the well-equipped infrastructure facilities and sophisticated technology ensure international standards of treatment and patient care.